I have made my own online SID player.
But then I checked out Jürgen Wothke’s WebSID and it was at a level I found satisfying. It can play all sorts of tunes with weird timings, including digi tunes. Only BASIC tunes are not supported (sod those)
as well as 2SID/3SID tunes (a shame but I can live with that for now).
Another reason I wanted to make my own SID player was that I didn’t really like most of the existing ones, offline and online. Many are small and doesn’t offer a lot of info, or it’s hidden away in windows and tabs. I wanted to create a player that was KISS while also offering all the useful info at a glance.
The features are as follows:
- Folders show number of SID files in each (excluding nested folders)
- SID file rows show year composed and what player it was made in (and often specific too)
- If a SID file has sub tunes, this too is indicated in the file row
- You can log in and rate folders and SID files with 5-star ratings
- Sort a folder list by name, player, rating or year
- Fast forward button for lightning playing speed (the type that has to be held down)
- Time bar that also respects fast forwarding and time wrapping
- When the time is up for a song, the next sub tune or SID file is automatically played
- Information box with name, author, copyright as well as PAL/NTSC and SID chip model flags
- STIL box information with nice HTML formatting
- Responsive design that flexes the height of the playlist according to the browser/device
- Direct file linking (for example, click here to hear my old “Michelle” tune)
- Choice between Jürgen Wothke’s or Hermit’s emulators, or SOASC R2, R4 or R5
- And more added later, check the list of changes at the web site itself
- Facebook: CheeseCutter SID music editor
- Facebook: SID Trackers
- Facebook: C64/128 (6581/8580) Music
- Facebook: Amiga + C64 Scene Intros + Demos
- Facebook: C64/Amiga scene
- Facebook: Lemon64
- Facebook: C64 Elite
- Facebook: C64 SID Music & Remixes
- Lemon 64
- Reddit: /r/c64
- Reddit: /r/chiptunes
The list of updates has been moved to the web site.